The operational efficiency promised in Cloud Computing is only being partially realised as long as developers and IT organisations continue to manually administer Cloud services. Just as with on-premise data centers, Cloud services run on tools and technologies from many vendors, which can demand a breadth of expertise and resources that is difficult to meet.
While on-premise solutions have resolved multi-vendor integration, orchestration and automation, the Cloud has re-introduced these challenges and others:
- Tends to be code-driven with minimal graphical interface
- General lack of multi-vendor support
- Offers a subscription-based service approach that results in redundancy (work duplicated from subscription to subscription)
- The need for constant Internet access
- Unwieldy management of what is deployed and if it is secure (abandoned VMs, misallocated storage capacity, etc.)
Implement an automation platform that is compatible with multiple vendors, multiple cloud platforms and on-premise systems. This platform must further unburden IT staff through use of an enhanced graphical interface that minimizes the need for specific coding skills.
Kelverion has been working closely on this problem for the last 2 years. The solution has been to mix the control of on premise authoring, graphical forms driven configuration and the use of Microsoft Azure Automation as the execution engine.
Azure Automation provides the cost effective, utility priced service for runbook execution; Kelverion provides a graphical design studio - the Runbook Studio and Integration Modules with Smart Discovery to remove the need to understand the APIs and how target systems actually work.
Together this approach provides the same automation experience you are used to with on premise tools but run from the Cloud as a Service.
- Implements and formalizes processes by capturing, modeling and executing steps into an automated process;
- Integrates tools such as Service Desks, email, databases, monitoring tools, logs, file systems and native operating system functions;
- Enables automation of repetitive processes, freeing IT staff to focus on strategies and problem solving;
- Provides a large library of configurable activities to drag-drop-and-link, enabling rapid construction and deployment of automated processes;
- Creates savings of up to 40% in annual operational costs;
- Automatically resolves 50% of traditional 1st and 2nd Line tickets;
- Improves service delivery, governance and compliance;
- Optimises and assures infrastructure with automatic tracking and management of resources.