The Kelverion Integration Pack (IP) for SQL Server is a compliant integration for the Microsoft System Center 2012 Orchestrator IT Process Automation Solution. This Integration Pack enables users to interact with MS SQL databases without writing SQL code.
The IP for SQL Server provides an enhanced user experience and capabilities over the current objects shipped with Orchestrator.
The key capabilities added to your Orchestrator solution include:
* Automatically builds and executes the necessary commands without the user having to write or understand SQL.
* Simplifies policy design by automatically mapping table columns to Orchestrator input properties, filters and published data items.
* Prevents errors by controlling access to read-only fields, enforcing mandatory inputs and by providing value browsers for common data types.
* Improves performance by using connection pools to reduce the overhead of repeatedly opening and closing database connections.
* Introduces the ability to monitor database tables for new and/or modified rows.
* Provides the ability to use a single configuration for Orchestrator connection to a database.
Orchestrator is part of Microsoft System Center 2012 suite, which provides solutions to manage both Microsoft and non-Microsoft Infrastructure covering event management, configuration management, data protection, virtual machine management, service management and IT Process Automation.
Orchestrator enables dynamic datacenters and is a key component in the delivery of Cloud Computing capabilities.
Monitor Rows – intermittently polls a database table for rows that have changed.
Select Rows – queries a database table and returns the resulting rows as Published Data.
Insert Rows – inserts rows into a database table.
Delete Rows – removes rows from a database table
Update Rows - changes data in one or more columns in a row or multiple rows within a table
Run Procedure - runs a stored procedure
Run Query - lets you run your own SQL queries. Data returned from the query is published as comma delimited text.
Activities subscribe and publish data to the Orchestrator databus.